Trusts & Estates
Trusts aren't just for the very wealthy.
Trusts can be used as part of a wealth protection strategy to protect assets as well as tax planning vehicles, particularly as part of inheritance tax planning.
We can advise on setting up, running and tax compliance work for…
- Discretionary trusts
- Accumulation and maintenance trusts for children
- Interest in possession trusts
- Assistance in Estate tax compliance work
- Prepare Trust Accounts and register the trust with HMRC under the Trust Registration Service
- Prepare Trust Tax Returns and compute income tax and Capital Gains tax liabilities
- Tax advice regarding assets entering or leaving a Trust
- Prepare Inheritance Tax returns and compute IHT Liabilities regarding 10 years Anniversary Charges and ‘Exit’ charges
We would recommend that a reputable solicitor assists in the creation of a Trust and the preparation of the Trust’s governing document or deed. We have close working relationships with a large number of local solicitors.